Downloading disabled

Saturday 18 May 2013

Cherry Pecan Om Nom Nom!

So I have pretty much decided that this is to be a photography/hobby based blog.  I need a focus and have decided to use this blog for that.  Food photography is something I would like to improve, I figure that I like eating, I like cooking, I don't have a lot of time but there is always a few minutes spare to photograph my food.  Currently I don't have any equipment other than my camera for this but hope to get some small lights which I hope will improve the look of the photos.  Any advise is welcome as long as it is items I can get on a budget.

Anyway enough of the rambling and onto what's important, I found this recipe in one of Stav's triathlon magazines and it looked yummy so gave it a go.

I present to you cherry pecan slices........


First I got all my ingredients ready:
110g butter
1 1/2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp golden syrup
150g glace cherries, quartered
60g pecans, roughly chopped
225g jumbo porridge oats
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon


Melt the butter, honey and golden syrup on a low heat.
When the butter has melted, stir in the cherries and pecans and stir to combine.
Then mix in the porridge oats and cinnamon and leave to stand for 10 mins.
Line a tin with greaseproof paper and brush with a little melted butter and then turn out the mixture onto it, decorating with extra pecan slices.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 20-25 mins until golden.
Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.  Whilst cooling mark into bars with a sharp knife and let cool completely before eating.
Then enjoy!

All photos were taken with natural light and on camera flash.  Any advise on how to improve the shots are greatly appreciated.  Also feel free to try the recipe which I found from 220 triathlon magazine.

Dannii xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment